10 Things to Look For When Choosing a Veterinarian
People who have pets will certainly need to visit the veterinarians once in a while, not only to check if their favorite pets are completely healthy but also to make sure that if anything affects their health, they will be there on time so that swift action can be taken. But for someone who has never been to a veterinarian, it will be hard to find one if they don’t have any knowledge on this. That is why in the following paragraphs, this article will talk about how actually to find veterinarians.
1. One of the most powerful techniques people can use to make sure they will be let in on a good veterinarian is word of mouth. Surely they do have at least one friend who has a pet, and that is why they will need to ask that friend about it, without forgetting to ask if they were happy with the services they got. Maybe they have already been to some very good vets, and they can thus make a great recommendation. On top of that, dog parks are also a good place to get such information from.
2. People though can have a different breed of pets than what the majority of people have, so that is why it’s recommended that they will check with specialty breeders or pet stores so that they can eventually find a veterinarian who specializes in the dog breed they have.
3. Some people are very busy, and they will not be able to make it to the vet between certain hours. That is why it’s recommended to choose one business hours, days and office location are convenient.
4. After making a list of the potential candidates, it’s time to give them a call and inquire the office manager about the payment policies and the rates implied for a basic checkup. It’s also good to receive confirmation that the person will get to see the same vet for each consultation.
5. After and during business hours, people will need to know all about the emergency services which are offered. The animal hospital the veterinarian is associated with and if it’s nearby is also vital to be known.
6. Taking a tour of the office to ensure that the staff is knowledgeable, helpful and that everything there is clean, should be considered.
7. It’s time that the client will meet the vet. Some aspects should be kept in mind, as the attitude of the vet, if he or she is responsive to the individual’s questions and so on.
8. It’s also recommended to make sure that the vet doesn’t have any plans for retiring soon. No one would like to have this happening to them, as finding another vet will not be that pleasant.
9. After deciding on the vet, the individual will need to bring the pet up for a checkup and the veterinarian will begin a medical file on the patient.
10. Last but not least, the vet’s phone number should be kept at hand and shared with the caretakers when the person will be leaving town.
I went to visit a new veterinary office that recently opened in Matthews and here is my tour of the hospital for you. Chestnut Arbor Veterinary hospital. They are a fear Free hospital. Check out my video below.
Finding a vet is very simple, and anyone who will follow these steps will easily find veterinarians.
If you are in the Union County area of Charlotte NC, I have a page of referrals if you are looking for a Veterinarian click here
If you need a pet sitter or daily dog walker check out Love and Kisses Pet Sitting. We are professional pet sitters in Union County