Cats are highly independent animals and are a hugely popular pet, but just because they are pretty self-sufficient, it doesn’t mean that they don’t need taking care of. If there is ever a time that you have to be away from your cat, perhaps a work trip or a family holiday, then it is important to hire a professional cat sitter to take care of your beloved animal whilst you are away. In this article, we want to show you exactly why you should opt for a cat sitter rather than simply asking a friend or family member to stop by and feed your cat, or leaving your cat to fend for themselves.
Reasons For Hiring A Cat Care Professional
There are many reasons that a professional cat sitter is preferable, let’s take a look at some of these now.
- Cats are social animals and many of them love the attention and fuss of their owners. A professional cat sitter will be able to offer your cat this attention whereas if you have a friend dropping by, they may not have the time to dedicate to your cat. The cat car professional will make sure that loneliness is avoided and that your cat has the attention that it needs.
- Being someone who works with cats day in, day out, the cat sitter will have the knowledge and experience to watch out for any signs of illness or injury and can act accordingly should there be any problems.
- Your professional cat sitter will give you the peace of mind that your cat is eating and drinking enough by monitoring the food and drink that is offered. This is essential in ensuring that your precious pet is kept in the best health possible.
- You probably are already aware that your cat likes her routine, knowing what time food will be offered when its playtime, etc. By hiring a professional, you can rest assured that the routine of your feline friend will not be disturbed. This is also beneficial to the general health and happiness of the cat and so makes for an even more important
- Your cat sitter will also take care of litter box duties whilst you are not around. Most cat owners will be familiar with the stench of a litter box that has been left unattended, and it is not pleasant. On top of this, cats are extremely clean animals and will likely not toilet in a dirty litter box, and maybe likely to use other areas of the home. A professional cat sitter will eliminate this problem.
- Some people may kennel their cats whilst they are away but this can be distressing for the animal and so hiring a cat sitter to drop in and take care of the cat will make the experience much less stressful.
Leaving your cat at home whilst you are away for a period of time can be an upsetting time for both of you but by hiring a professional cat sitter, you can be assured that your pet will be well taken care of until you return.