As dog owners, we all want the very best for our loving canine companions. Yes, it’s a fact―regardless whether yours is a hard-working dog, a “go-with” best bud, or a warm and cuddly rescue pooch. In this age of high-tech everything, we thought it would be a fun idea to highlight some of the best new tech for dog owners. There is a plethora of new-age gadgetry out there – some of it is very good – much of it will simply fade away.
We think the following six tech products are keepers, worthy of buying and using.
Link AKC Smart Collar
The Link AKC Smart Collar is great for GPS tracking of your dog at all times. You won’t have to worry whether your pooch is swimming (yes it’s waterproof!), hunting, shepherding, searching, roaming the woods, or just out with the trainer or walker―you can rest easy when you always know your dog’s location. This smart collar not only tracks your dog’s whereabouts and monitors his or her activities but it looks smart too. Available in two handsome colors and styles.
SureFlap Microchip Pet Door
The SureFlap Microchip Pet Door is made for the security-minded tech lover who is also a small dog (or cat!) parent. The door uses RFID technology to allow access only to your designated pets. It will not allow entry by stray animals or wild critters.
The door operates by reading your pet’s microchip implant or RFID collar tag if your pet has not been chipped.
Some Cool Features
- The high-tech app allows any time, anywhere pet monitoring
- Made of strong materials for long-lasting security
- Ideal for small dogs and cats
- Easy to install, easy to program
- Three-Year warranty
Petmate Gravity Waterer
How many times have you left your dog home alone then worried whether he or she has enough water while you’re gone? Or, worried that your best bud will tip the water dish over? None of us need that worry or the mess! No problem, here’s the solution – the Petmate Gravity Waterer.
- No spills and automatic refills, low-tech gravity flow
- Worry-free pet access to fresh water anytime
- Sturdy and easy-to-clean
- Ideal for multiple pets’ use
- Made in the USA of BPA-free plastic
- Available in many colors
Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker/Monitor
Bar none, the Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker/Monitor is in our opinion the very best High-Tech dog tracking system. Three technologies are packed into this device allowing you to monitor and track your dog anywhere in the U.S.
Those technologies are:
- Works with AT&T national cellular network
- It’s a subscription plan for your canine companion!
- Sends you text, app, or email alerts when your dog strays
- Tracks your dog’s whereabouts 24/7
- Monitors his or her activities relative to sex, age, and breed
- Waterproof for those swimmers and sporting dogs
- Long-life, fast recharge batteries and messages you when a recharge is needed
Furbo Dog Camera
Never again feel the guilt pangs and worry of leaving your pooch home alone. Monitor, play, record, and even talk with your canine bud remotely with the Furbo Dog Camera.
“…It’s So Cool” Ellen Degeneres
The Very Cool Features:
- Easy setup
- Give the dog a bone! Well treats anyway―fill with treats and toss remotely via the free iOS or Android app
- Equipped with HD camera and video with night vision
- Barking alerts pushed to your smartphone
- Calm your anxious pup remotely with live voice chats
Bissell BarkBath QT
Fill―Bathe―Done! No more messy bathrooms, wet towels, or high anxiety for you or your dog. The Bissell BarkBath QT gets the job done fast with no mess and no fuss. What’s the QT stand for? Quiet Tone. It’s quiet and does a fantastic job of grooming your dog. The BarkBath QT is self-contained so it can be used in any room or outside.
- Inexpensive – costs about the same as three trips to the groomer
- Gets under the fur to really clean the skin
- Cleans any size dog from Toy breeds to Giant breeds
- Comes with loads of bathing extras
Yes, we all want the very best for our beloved dogs―our best friends. We hope you find our list useful. We firmly believe our suggested list of “Tech” products will be of great value to all of our dog parent clients and readers.
Let us know in the comments below if you have tried any of these – or if you have a great tech product you recommend.