How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Professional Pet Sitter or Dog Walker In Indian Trail?
One of the most common questions we get asked is “How much does it cost to hire a professional pet sitter In Charlotte NC?” Below are some of the things to take into consideration when you hire a professional or your neighbor next door and what you get for your money.
Here are some of the items they take into consideration:
With all the facts below I would encourage you to hire a company that is established, and has more than one person providing care for the pets. If your pet sitter is a One-Person company, who will care for your pets if they become ill, or are injured in an accident? Also, When you choose a pet sitting company to care for your pets, be sure that the company you choose is established, has well trained employees, and is licensed, insured, bonded.
You can probably get the kid down the street to do it for $10, but then you are turning over the key to your home and the safety of your precious pets to someone who is not trained in pet care, or insured and bonded.
- How much experience does the sitter have? As with any professional, the level of experience the sitter or company has is part of the equation.
- A company with other pet sitters on staff may be more expensive because they have the overhead of paying staff members.
- How many pets do you have in your home that will need to be cared for? The number of pets you own can be a factor in the total price. Love and Kisses does not charge by the number of dogs you have.
- What type of services do your pets need that will give you the best peace of mind and take away the guilt of leaving them? Some clients prefer 1-4 visits each day, while others prefer overnight care.
- Where do you live? Typically, if you reside in an location that is inside a sitter’s service area, there won’t be any additional travel fees. However, if you live outside of their area, you may have to pay extra for the time it takes to travel to your home.
- Do your pets require any medications or injections? Depending on the type of medications they need, some sitters may include administering medications in their price or they may charge additionally for it. Love and Kisses Pet Sitting does not charge extra for this service.
- Is your pet aggressive? Some sitters may have additional charges to work with animals who can pose a threat to their safety. Love and Kisses Pet Sitting does not service aggressive dogs.
- Some sitters charge by time and have determined time slots that you can choose from. Other sitters do not charge by time and their price is all inclusive. Love and Kisses Pet Sitting is all inclusive
- Also, A professional pet sitter has employees and has to pay out payroll and payroll taxes. This all gets considered into the pricing
The national average is $25 per pet sit and $75 per overnight but just like any service, it can vary by specific location. As you can see from the list of criteria above, determining prices is an involved process and unique to each pet sitter.
Feel free to contact Love and Kisses Pet Sitting to get your free meet and greet and your price for your professional pet sitting.