Did you ever think of making your dog Beef Stew? Here is a recipe I came across and wanted to share
Making homemade dog food is a healthy alternative to buying dry or canned dog food. If you thought you’d need to buy expensive ingredients or slave over the hot stove to provide your pup a proper diet, you’ll be pleased to discover making stew for your fur kid is easy and it saves money.
This dog-approved version of beef stew includes meat for protein, vegetables for vitamins, and gravy for flavor. This is a good alternative to wet commercial dog foods.
- 1 pound of beef stew meat
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/2 cup of carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup of green beans, diced
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of water or organic vegetable oil, plus 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil for frying
- Cook the sweet potato in a microwave for 5 to 8 minutes until firm but tender. Set aside.
- Slice the stew pieces into smaller chunks, about the size of a nickel.
- Cook the stew pieces in a tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until well-done.
- Remove the beef chunks from the pan, reserving the drippings.
- Dice the sweet potato.
- Heat the drippings over medium-low heat. Slowly add flour and water into the dripping while whisking to create a thick gravy.
- Add the meat, sweet potato, carrots, and green beans into the gravy and stir to coat.
- Cook until the carrots are tender – about 10 minutes.
- Serve cool.
- Store remaining stew in the fridge for up to five days.
Pro Tip: You can purchase pre-made gravy at some health food stores. This may save you time when making this food.
Thank you to Money Crashers for the recipe
Click here for some more great dog food recipes from Tobys bone