Halloween Treats you can make for your dog
Halloween is a perfect time that you can unleash some spooky fun. Beautiful decorations, perfect dressing, and some candy treats are some of the reasons why Halloween is the source of delight for the fall season. Who said that Halloween is for humans alone? If you love your dog, you might find Halloween the perfect holiday to treat your loyal servant. Here are the treats you can make for your dog.
Pumpkin shaped carrots
People consider this more of a trick than a treat, but what you should know is that your dog will love them. Carrots are healthy, and you can make them more Halloween-like by shaping them like a pumpkin.
Pumpkin and banana cookies
Pooches love pumpkin, other than the mouthwatering flavor; pumpkins have many nutritional benefits since it is a source of fiber which manages diarrhea and other intestinal complications in dogs. The ingredients required in this case are; 1 tablespoon of honey, one ripe banana, pumpkin, wheat flour and baking powder. This perfect combination will not only make your pet enjoy the Halloween but also make it stronger and healthy.
What You need to have is a skeleton bone pan to make this treat correctly. The ingredients for this simple treat and are chicken bouillon, flour, egg, water and some yogurt.
I made these using this skeleton bone pan from Wilton.
For the Bones
- 2 ½ cups of non-bleached flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup of water
- 1 chicken bouillon
For the Icing
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1and half hours plus freeze time
- Allow 20 minutes for prep plus 30 minutes for baking and 30 minutes to cool
- Allow 10 minutes for icing + freeze time
Peanut butter and pumpkin
These are the favorite food groups for your dog, and when mixed they make a perfect meal that your dog will love. Making this treat is rather simple and the ingredients you require are probably in your cupboard right now. All the call for is cinnamon, eggs, salt, flour and peanut butter.
1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
1 cup 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree, canned
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour (I used Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter and pumpkin. Stir in the flour 1/4 cup at a time just until dough is no longer sticky.
3. Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/4″ thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the dough, then place on the prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container or freeze for up to 3 months.
Fall often makes us thinking of sugary, cinnamony, apple donuts. Donuts are delicious and a much better choice that you should make for your dog pet. The ingredients required making these delicious donuts are some chicken or beef broth, eggs, whole wheat flour and some quick cooking oats. You will also need a microwave to bake the donuts.
- 1 c water
- 1/4 c coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 ½ c whole wheat flour
- 1 c unbleached flour
- 1/2 c cornmeal
- 2 T wheat bran
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 ½ t dry yeast
- 1 c dog treat icing
- 1 T party sprinkles
- Place all the ingredients in your bread machine or mix them with your mixer, using a dough hook.
- When the dough is ready, divide it into 3 pieces.
- Sprinkle flour onto a cutting board.
- Roll the dough into ½” sheets
- Using a donut cutter, cut the donuts. Make sure you dip the cutter into flour in between donuts, as it can stick to the donuts easily—and get pretty messy!
- Place the donuts on a greased baking sheet.
- Let them rise for 45-60 minutes, or until they are close to doubled in size.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for about an hour.
- Turn off the oven and let them continue to dry overnight. They should be hard to the touch, with no “give” when you gently push on them.
- Ice the donuts with yogurt coating.
- Top with colored sprinkles or bulghur.
Sweet Potato Flour Biscuits
Some like it savory while others like it sweet. For this delicious recipe, you will only require sweet potato paired with beef liver or baby food as an alternate to meat variety and some eggs. These biscuits crunchy and your dog will love them.
Don’t just enjoy your Halloween fun and delicacies alone. Let your dog have some fun and by providing it with the best treats.