*** Crock Pot Chicken For Your Dog ***
- 5-6 lbs of chicken thighs/quarters/drumsticks
- 1.5 cups of water and 2 lbs of yams or carrots or sweet potatoes
- Cook in crockpot for 6 hours
- Drain about half the broth, remove the bones and mix thoroughly – be sure to remove all bones before mixing in other ingredients
- Cook a 2lb bag of brown rice and mix with all or half of the cooked chicken/vegetable mixture
- cool before serving
Total Time: 12 hrs 15 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 12 hrs
- 3 lbs chicken thighs (with bone and skin)
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 8 ounces of frozen peas
- 8 ounces carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Place chicken thighs and ground chicken in the bottom of the crockpot. Cover with water.
- Add all other items.
- Cook on low for 12 hours. Mix well, remove bones. Cool before serving.
- Freeze in portion
*** Easy Crockpot Chicken & Brown Rice ***
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 lb. green beans, broken into segments
- 1 medium sweet potato, raw, cut into medium-sized chunks (leave the skin on)
- 3 carrots, sliced into about 1″ thick rounds
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (with or without skin)
- Put all ingredients into the crockpot in the order given (layer, don’t mix).
- Cook on low for about 8 hours, on high for about 5 hours.
- When done, stir, breaking up the chicken into small pieces. Everything will be quite soft.
- Let cool and serve
- Refrigerate unused portion; keeps up to three days.
–> Substitutions are allowed! For vegetables, try broccoli florets, zucchini, spinach or any of several types of squash. For the protein source, beef cubes, turkey or lamb also work. Use organic ingredients if possible.